Wednesday, May 1, 2013

because moms need pee pee toys too...


The toilet flushes and because I have no privacy whatsoever, CJ stands to cheer.

"Yeah Mom.  You did it.  You get a pee pee toy now."  His body quickly moved to my bedroom as his hands reached for the highly placed Iron Man.  Despite his shortness and the height of the figurine, CJ somehow reached it.  Running towards the bathroom, the toy is shoved in the sink below the soap bubbles as I continue to wash my hands.

Turning the water off, Iron Man is saved.

"Ceej, pee pee toys are just for you.  Mom doesn't get a toy every time she uses the bathroom."  I said while drying my hands - and Iron Man - on a towel.

"Yeah Mom, you do get a toy too."  He said, eyes open wide.

"No, I don't.  Please put Iron Man back."

"But Mom, you doo-es get a toy."  His foot stomped against the ground to emphasis his point.

"No Ceej, I don't."

"Yeah... you doo-es."

"Thanks Ceej, but I don't get a pee pee toy."  My body moved away from the bathroom and towards my bedroom closet.  The top shelf should be high enough... this time.

"But Mom!  You need a pee pee toy too!"  He said with tears bubbled around his eyes.

"Sorry son, not today."  I walked out of the room, leaving the toddler mom-needs-a-pee-pee-toy-fit behind me.
 
Although...


I wouldn't complain about receiving rewards, compliments, and validation each and every time I used the bathroom.  I have yet to receive a congratulations-on-your-recent-urination-card  (Halmark?) and it has been over twenty-five years since I have received a way-to-go-you-stayed-dry-pat-on-the-back.


Sigh.


Mom?
Dad?
Nate?


Does anyone truly appreciate my potty-trained-ness?
I don't have to stay dry... you know.


Crickets chirp in the far off distance.


I walked back to my bedroom, retrieved Iron Man, and sat on the floor next to the highly emotional CJ.  Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, and Dr. Doom demanded our attention until nature once again requested Ceej's presence in the bathroom.  Iron Man is now mom's toy because sometimes moms need a little validation, even in the form of a pee pee toy, too...


Next time?
I am keeping my fingers crossed for a massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment