Tuesday, May 21, 2013

preparing for baby carlee

Let it be known that I have impeccable timing.  Baby Carlee (due to arrive August 7th) is expected to join our family in the middle of summer vacation, birthdays, and back to school preparations.  And because summer time with my kids is my absolute favorite, I have been working non-stop to have everything baby ready before school lets out next week.

I am super excited about the artwork-in-progress hanging on the walls in her room.  Wanting to create a collage of quotes from various literary classics, the words of Jane Austen lace together the complete joy our family feels at the prospect of welcoming Carlee into our home.  

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." and "You have bewitched me body and soul and I love, I love, I love you."  


Pink tissue flowers were hung from the ceiling.  Note that there is pink.  In MY house.



The crib is ready with pink and green bedding.


Hair bows and bracelets are ready and organized.


Blankets made from fabric selected by big brothers.
(Conner= zebra, Caleb= butterfly, and Colton=flowers)



A growth chart stitched by my Great-Grandma.


Dresses are hung, outfits organized, and nightgowns sorted into drawers - washed and ready.


And finally, the blessing dress.  Swoon.


The summer vacation fun starts next week.  Swimming pools, various hiking trails, and adventures galore are demanding our attention.  And we are excited to play.  Baby Carlee - we are ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment