Wednesday, May 29, 2013

ribbon dance and the eyeball show-n-tell


"I am so glad my mom doesn't take pictures of these things," said the boy sitting next to Conner. 
The end of the year dance festival is a big deal and I wasn't about to let the moment pass without taking a picture or two.

Completely embarrassed by my camera, Conner decided to share his eyeballs instead of a smile.
And then... all the sudden it was okay that I was there with a camera.
Eyeball show-n-tell had begun.



First graders performed a traditional Chinese ribbon dance.  For weeks Conner has been complaining explaining just how tired his arms were from swooshing that ribbon around in the air at school each and every day.  Ribbon dancing is hard work.


Sitting on the sidelines, my heart filled with pride.
This incredibly cute kid calls me mom.







School is ninety minutes long tomorrow morning and then his ribbon-dance-arms can take a much needed break.
I am excited to squeeze every moment of fun I can with this kid during summer vacation.
And yes, my camera battery is charged and ready to photograph every eyeball we possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment