Wednesday, May 29, 2013

First Grade Goodness

Conner brought home his first grade journals today.
What a treat.
I could spend all night turning these pages, admiring his stories, and loving his illustrations.


I love that multiple pages are filled with"I am haveing a baby sister" declarations.

 
His Chinese characters are cute.


And let's be honest.  That Phineas and Ferb episode when Candice was under the impression that she had been transformed into a vampire had a significant effect upon Conner.  Multiple pages contained with graphic descriptions of vampires and blood.

With "I love my dad" messages nestled in between.



I love the attempted block letters, fire friends, peak nestled school buildings, and love letters to mom.  The latter are my favorite.


 Pictures of home, Q-burt, sunshine glasses with a b, and fruit men are creative and fun.




But first grade goodness didn't just occur in the pages of the journals.
Love notes were composed on the back of math worksheets.


Holiday art projects.





One hundred day glasses to celebrate one hundred days of school.
I swear that was yesterday.





Haunted houses drawn from library how-to-art books.


Love you mom rainbows, I see books, and word study notebooks.





20/20 spelling tests with classic sentences like "you should not smoke" and "could you take my only duck?"


Environment art, Leprechauns, and sun sets.





Dragon masks in celebration of the Chinese New Years.





Witches.


Stockings, Dr. Seuss hats, Word study notebooks (again), and Christmas Poinsettias.




But my favorite of all favorites are the little love notes he brought home to me.  The Chinese immersion program in addition to longer days away from home were stressful at the beginning for Conner-man.  At the beginning of the year, Conner spent a lot of time writing love for the family notes during class - swoon -  to help with his frustration.

The love notes became almost non-existent around Christmas time as his confidence grew.
I will always cherish these memories:




First grade was an amazing year for Conner.  He learned a lot about the world, the English language, and Chinese potty talk.  First grade was good, very good.  And now that it is over, we are very excited to explore the world of second grade... after a long summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment