Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Pirates

Remember these fun Goldilocks and the Three Bears wooden spoon puppets?

Photobucket

And remember how baby Colton had a hard time crawling around with them?
But he loved them so much that he endured the hardship and somehow got around the house with wooden spoons in his hands?
Photobucket

Well.
I decided that we needed to make some thanksgiving turkeys.
So we made a couple.

Photobucket


And we love them.
Mostly.

Colton now runs around the house with wooden turkey sticks in both hands smacking them against anything and anyone he can reach with them. Wooden spoon play is now a when-Colton-is-asleeping-activity for the big boys.

But regardless, the older boys loved playing with their turkey sticks. While walking home from school today, Conner suggested that we transform his thanksgiving turkeys into pirate turkeys.

Now we are talking.
Pirates + Turkeys = Totally Awesome


Photobucket


When I asked Conner what it is that pirates turkeys eat, he told me that he did not know and that I should call my husband to get the answers to my questions.

I called Nate.
He did not know either.

I may not know what pirate turkeys eat, but I do know how pirates turkeys get around town.


Photobucket


They have ditched the pirate ship to ride around on top of batman's car.
Seriously.
Pirate turkey.
Life does not get cooler than this.


And you totally know that after I write this post, I am going to start writing a story about the pirate turkeys that save a certain holiday and bring peace, joy, and goodwill to all mankind... one "Gobble Gobble ARRRRR" at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment