Monday, November 28, 2011

New Traditions

I thought I had fully unpacked.


I may be missing the screws to my piano, my photo-editing software, and my glass pyrex pans... but I thought I was done with the whole unpacking and organizing aspect of moving into a new house.


We cleaned out the garage on Saturday and my entire house is once again filled with boxes to unpack and items to organize... maybe now I will finally find those energy efficient light bulbs and the rechargeable batteries that we packed somewhat near them.


Moving with three young kids and a drastic career change for Nate has been very life altering - in a good way. While I desperately miss my Colorado friends, home, and kid-hang-out-places, I am falling in love with our new little location. Our new home is very lovely, proximity to our siblings is amazing, and our neighbors are beyond fantastic.



Adjusting to a new pace of life pace has altered our family traditions, patterns, and habits.... and it has been a blast reinventing ourselves.


Our newest favorite tradition is Monday Lunch with Dad. On Mondays, the boys and I pack up our lunches and trek to campus to eat with Dad. We wander around the Wilkerson building, hold doors for people, push elevator buttons, and wander until we find an empty table. We eat lunch and then talk to other students. We are loving it.


A couple weeks ago, the boys dressed up in their Halloween costume and wandered around campus handing out leftover trick-or-treat candy. They danced to live Jazz Music and did their best monkey impressions. So cool.


When we first talked about the possibility of PhD school, I was nervous. A lot of college campuses are not very family friendly and kid appropriate. I love that Nate is at Brigham Young University and that we can visit as often as we would like to. I love that the campus is a clean environment and one that motivates my children to go to college one day when they are grown.


My life is drastically different than what it was six months ago, but I am loving the new pace. I know without a doubt that God moved us here for our progression and growth. I am grateful for the ways in which Orem has blessed, changed, and altered my life.


And I am loving the new traditions it is creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment