Friday, November 18, 2011

Allergies

Photobucket


A couple weeks ago, Conner came to me with a big concern. He was worried that it was not okay to like girls.... which is a big problem for him because he likes girls a lot.

We had a long talk about having the confidence to like whatever you want... regardless of what others may think. I reassured him that it was good to like girls, the color pink, and anything else that he wanted to like. Conner should be whoever and whatever he wants to be.



Conner had his first big boy field trip today.
He boarded a big, yellow school bus and smiled the entire ride to the local High School where Cars 2 was played in the auditorium for the elementary kids. So fun.


I sat on the bus and watched as he interacted with all of the girls, held their hands, and ignored any and all boys. I am not exaggerating when I state that multiple girls were fighting over who got to sit next to my Conner. He is quite the girl-star.


When I asked Conner about the boys that he likes to play with, he told me that he does not like boys. In fact, he states that he is allergic to boys. Boys, according to Conner are not beautiful - thus he is allergic to them. He then proceeded to tell me about each girl in his kindergarten class and how beautiful they are. He loves their long hair, their beautiful faces, and their smiles. Girls are simply the best...


There was one girl he talked about in particular tonight. A girl that he has been begging to have over to our house. A girl that was crying today when she could not sit next to Conner. A girl that he spent the majority of the morning holding onto her hand.

Kindergarten crushes.
So cute.
So... I don't know... am I really to this stage of motherhood already??

No comments:

Post a Comment