Friday, November 5, 2010

Why My Husband is a Rock Star...

I have known for years that my husband is a rock star.

He always helps me with the boys. He always helps with the dishes. He gives awesome back rubs. He listens to me cry. He laughs with me. He always holds my hand and opens my car door. He works hard to provide for the family. He always inspires me to be a better person.

Yes, my husband is a rock star.


Just when I think I finally have figured out how amazing my husband is, he surprises me.


I lock the keys in the car and he drops everything to rescue me. I have a really hard night with the baby and he lets me sleep until eight o'clock when everyone else has been up since six. He stays up late doing the dishes while I try to catch up on some sleep.

I could go on.


The other night we started making a list of Christmas gifts we would like to purchase for our kids, friends, and family. When we started talking about what we would like to give eachother for Christmas, he gave me the ultimate gift. This gift is not one that can be packaged, wrapped, or purchased.

He gave me the gift of NaNoWrimo.

NaNoWrimo is national novel writing month. Fifty thousand words in thirty days.

Nate's gift to me is time to write. He alone knows how much I really love to write, how happy it makes me, and all the stories that circulate my head. Somewhere in his sixty hour work week he is going to watch the kids so I can find more time to write my fifty thousand words this month.

My rock star husband is amazing.


I am going to take a break from blogging this month to write my novel. See you on the other side of fifty thousand words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment