Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grateful...

Five days after Nate and I were married, we moved from Utah to Texas. For three years we honeymooned in the Lone Star state while we both attended school and obtained our degrees. The plan had always been to move back to Utah once we had completed our schooling.

Four years ago to the day, we made the radical decision to not move back to Utah. In our hearts, we knew that Colorado was where we needed to be. Trusting in God and in our ability to receive guidance from Him, we decided to move to Colorado.

We started out by interviewing with various Chiropractors. We checked out a lot of apartments and drove all around Denver and Longmont... nothing seemed to fit.

Then one day we found an incredible town home for rent on Craigslist. I instantly loved it. I wanted to live in it. We made a special trip from Dallas to Denver just to check the place out. As we drove from Denver to Loveland we discussed how this little city was just too far from where we thought we wanted to live.

The moment we got off the freeway, it was love at first sight.

We fell in love with the city.

We fell in love with the people we met at the coffee shop - Loveland Coffee Shop has excellent diaper changing stations, just in case you ever need to know.

We fell utterly and completely in love with this little corner of the world.


Today as we celebrate Thanksgiving, I am filled with memories of a Thanksgiving spent in a cheap Lakewood motel with a frozen Mexican Turkey Hash as our feast. Four years ago while eating a semi-defrosted turkey dish, we took the leap of faith and committed to living in Loveland.

While I am grateful for the many blessings in my life, today I am filled with gratitude for a watchful Heavenly Father who constantly hears and answers my prayers.

This little town of Loveland is magical to our family. During the last four years, we have experienced miracle after miracle. I am deeply grateful for this little town that God led me and my family to. This place I call home has motivated me to grow in ways I never thought possible.

Today I am grateful for God, answered prayers, and the daily miracles manifested in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment