Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'll Let You Lick That 9V Battery...


I admit to using bribes in dire circumstances.

I consider bribes to be my secret weapon.


Yesterday morning our fire alarm started the low battery beep. Nate removed the dying battery and decided to introduce our kids to the sour taste found on the metal octagon top of a 9V battery.


I thought the boys would hate it.

I should of remembered that I have boys.

BOYS.


From the first lick, Caleb loved it. The smile on his face spread from ear to ear. Each time Caleb touched that battery with his tongue he laughed with delight. He spent two glorious minutes basking in the joy that can only be found from licking a battery.

I had no idea that licking a battery would leave my toddler so incredibly happy.

For the rest of the day Caleb continued to point to his tongue with an expression of "I really liked licking that battery Mom!"


Nap time comes around. We are all really tired. No one wants to sleep - but me. In a moment of dire desperation, I caught myself wondering if the incentive of licking another battery would motivate my toddler to take a nap.

Something like.... "if we all take a really good long nap, we can lick batteries together when we wake up!"

I didn't say it...

but I really really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment