Friday, November 26, 2010

More Pancakes Please...



Yesterday I told my boys to eat.

I told them to have fun and eat all day long.

I even broke my two year vegetarian habit and cooked a turkey.



<span class=



Turkey.

Stuffing.

Sweet Potatoes.

Vegan Mashed Potatoes.

Vegan Gravy.

Biscuits with Honey Butter.

Gingered Carrots.

Salad.

Apple Crisp.

Vegan Pumpkin Pie.





Should be every little boy's dream... right?



Food galore.



I was wrong.



A couple weeks ago, Nate and I decided that our family needed to celebrate Thanksgiving on our own this year. While we were both incredibly thankful for the many invitations we received, we both needed some quiet family time.



Wednesday night was spent in the kitchen cooking a feast for my boys.

I imagined my boys jumping for joy when they saw just how much food I was preparing.



To be completely honest, I wanted to be a Turkey BaHumBug this year.

I wanted to defy the traditional turkey dinner with pancakes... lots of pancakes.



I was all ready to create pancake masterpieces when our life climb took a change in direction.

Unsure of how this new direction will alter our lifestyle, I wanted to make Thanksgiving extra special for my family.



I cooked a turkey. I mashed potatoes. I sugared up sweet potatoes.



One glance from Conner told me this feast was not up to his standards.

On hands and knees, he begged for the left-0ver pancakes in the refrigerator.



So, while Nate and I stuffed ourselves silly with yummy food...

our boys basked in the simplicity of pancakes served with agave nectar.



When Nate and I went back for seconds, the boys asked for more pancakes.



<span class=



After all the left-over pancakes were consumed, we feasted upon our kids.



We gobbled up their creativity,



<span class=



<span class=



broke a couple of house rules,



<span class=



played hard,



<span class=



and requested additional servings of their love.





My thanksgiving feast will continue to last today, tomorrow, the day after, and the day after.

I never want to stop feasting upon the miracle and love of my children.



<span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment