Friday, March 4, 2011

We Saved China

Last night, Conner was bitten by a radioactive dog and he magically transformed into Super-Dog.



His main occupation?

Save China



<span class=

Caleb holding the radioactive Conner Dog






No joke - he really made this whole game up on his own.

When uncle Spencer moved to China for a couple months, Conner had a lot of questions. He wanted to know about the food, the clothes, the buildings, etc. So we ate a lot of Americanized ham fried rice (minus the ham) and built a lot of Chinese Lego apartment buildings.



Last night the evil horse (Caleb) threatened to destroy the Chinese Lego apartment building, so Super Dog (Conner) came in to save the day.



<span class=





When it looked as if all hope was lost, Super Dog was bitten once again by Lightning McQueen. Combined powers of dog and car allowed Super Dog to drive on buildings and push the evil horse off.





<span class=



So fun.



In the end, the evil horse and super dog were forced to combine their powers to protect their Lego's from the [villainous] doctor crawling baby.



<span class=



Cute crawling babies always win.





Saving China reminded me to slow down more often to enjoy the little random creative moments with my children.



It was a wild and crazy night at my house. Nate was teaching late and I was overwhelmed with the task of tackling dinner, dishes, laundry pile, and bed time routines on my own. I had every excuse to not sit down and play.



But regardless, I sat down to play.



And I am so glad that I did. I re-learned that life is not entirely about that overwhelming to-do-list. Life is about learning to take a break from the many projects that consume our lives to experience moments of joy, love, and laughter.



Thank you China. Lesson learned. You should be safe now.

1 comment: