Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Photobucket

I really enjoy St. Patrick's Day - primarily because green is an awesome color and I like the idea of being allowed to pinch anyone who is not wearing one of my favorite colors.


I kind of made a big deal about St. Patrick's day at our house this year, probably to make up for the fact that I completely missed Groundhogs Day. I still do not know if that little hog saw his shadow or not.

Anyway...

We started our St. Patrick's Day festivities out early with green painting, green sensory bins, and a Leprechaun trap.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We baited our own little Leprechaun Pete with gold coins, rainbows, and a tree house for him to play in. We woke up to find green footprints in our tree house,

Photobucket

an empty Leprechaun trap, and a little treasure hunt. We found clues in our shoes, gloves, and cupboards. In the end, Leprechaun Pete left us a little pot of gold coloring books.

Photobucket

Colton spent most of the day pulling himself up.
I am so happy that I finally caught a picture.

Photobucket

And despite my grand plans to spend the afternoon playing with green balloons, green streamers, green playdough, green baths, celery painting, shamrock hunts, "green green yellow," and green eggs...

Photobucket

we spent the day cutting grass with scissors.
I guess the grass should be green.

Happy Green Day!

2 comments:

  1. Please never let my kids know what an amazing mother you are. If they don't know they won't see what they're missing! I thought I was all festive for dying our alfredo pasta green...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a great day!

    ReplyDelete