Thursday, March 10, 2011

Toy Story 8, 9, and 10

My grandma Shand is simply fabulous.



She plays the piano well, writes amazing scripts for Christmas puppet shows, tells phenomenal stories about bath tubs full of candy, and always makes me laugh. Every Christmas Eve, the Shand family has a cute family puppet show tradition with an incredible puppet theatre, puppets, and sound effects - it is one of my favorite things about Christmas.



When Nate surprised me with a very large empty bath tub box, I was thrilled. Visions of giant marble ramps, giant car ramps, beyond life size canvases began to fill my mind ... the possibilities for this box were endless.



Ultimately, as I looked upon this large box, two words rang in my mind - puppet theatre. I had to make a life-size puppet theatre and name it The Shand Theatre.



So we did.



Caleb loved cutting the box, painting the box, and painting his body and my clothes. It got quite messy - but it was fabulously fun.



<span class=



And the boys love it.

They call it their life-sized TV.

They spent all afternoon creating their own toy story movies. Toy Story 8,9, and 10 to be exact.



The boys even gave me an imaginary remote. I had the power to rewind, fast forward, or turn the movie off. It was quite fun.



<span class=



Just in case you are not familiar with Toy Story 8,9, and 10 - here is a brief synopsis:



Toy Story 8: Buzz discovers that he had a brother who is also named Buzz. Together, the two Lightyears defeat Doc. Oc - the mean hippopotamus who is trying to steal Andy's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Little Buzz defeats Doc. Oc with his super power laser while big Buzz does his karate actions.



Toy Story 9: The two Lightyears are once again forced to protect Andy and his juice box from the same Doc. Oc Once again, little Buzz defeats Doc. Oc with his super power laser while big Buzz implements more karate actions.



Toy Story 10: Big Buzz is magically transformed into a monkey. When little Buzz discover that his car is out of gas, monkey boy comes into to push little Buzz to the gas station. Together they fill the car up with gas (a.k.a. rocks) and they drive around until the car is out of gas once again. In other words, they drive until they want to dump the rocks out all over the cement to only put them back in the car again. The clowns were about to come and eat the rocks but the baby got tired of being outside so we had to go in.



<span class=







Today was a good day.

Words cannot describe how awesome it was to watch my boys act out their own imaginary stories. Honestly, it was the best television I have ever watched.

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to send this blog entry to Disney/Pixar. They could use Conner and Caleb on their writing staff for future films. I loved, loved, loved this blog. Hey where is the bathtub full of candy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! You are awesome. You're boys are hilarious and imaginative. I had lots of fun reading this!

    ReplyDelete