Thursday, February 3, 2011

Liberating

I learned an important lesson today.

There are far too many moments when I wonder if someone is judging me based upon a poorly composed comment, messy hair, or misbehaving kids. The anxiety of hurting some one's feelings, saying the wrong thing, or presenting anything other than a perfect front keeps me from enjoying life. I find it easier to pull away from social events and keep my distance... that way I avoid the anxiety associated with social settings.

As I was discussing this with a girlfriend, she reminded me that God alone knows and understands Angie from the inside out. He knows I am imperfect and expects me to make mistakes along the way. He is the only one who unconditionally loves me with no questions asked. He alone knows the melody of my soul.

God's opinion is the only one that counts... and the beauty of our relationship is found in His ability to understand all aspects of my life - sleep deprivation, anxiety, frustration, happiness, etc. He knows my heart, my will, and my intentions.

When I have done the best I can, he carries the pain of anxiety, disagreements, and miscommunication.

I do not have to carry that pain alone.

And that knowledge is truly liberating.

No comments:

Post a Comment