Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grateful

I am grateful for paint.


I am grateful for soap to clean up the paint.


I am grateful for little toes to kiss.


I am grateful for love shared between brothers.



I am grateful for sunglasses.


I am grateful for imaginations that allow train cars to be built out of boxes and bags of beans.


I am grateful for moments of sleep.


I am grateful for eager helpers who voluntarily help when I am busy.

I am grateful for the simple things that make my boys smile.


I am so grateful for my boys.



I am grateful for the simple, sacred moments we are able to share each day.
Moments that remind me of a Father in Heaven who loves me.
Moments that remind me to slow down and enjoy the simple gifts each day has to offer.
Simple gifts that were created just for me.
The wind, the trees, the sun.
The hugs, the kisses, the laughs.
All created to provide joy and manifest the reality of a God who loves and cares about us.

I am grateful.



"We are always in the presence of God. There is never a non-sacred moment."
Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment