Friday, September 27, 2013

what a good week looks like...



Packed lunches boxes for the second grader were left at home three days this week.  Kindergarten lateness is happening more often than not.  Three-year-old exhaustion is making everything so much more dramatic.  Boogers and gas are intense for the two-month-old.  There is laundry to wash and spilled juice on the kitchen floor.

But.....

The boys have obsessively picked every dandelion in the yard for me.  Pictures from school have come home with love notes addressed to mom.  There has been an abundance of smiles and silly jokes, bed time snuggles, and naps in my bed. 

Life right now is crazy and anything but picture perfect - which is totally fine with me.  I am not a big fan of the picture perfect life.  Standing still to hold a pose has never been "my thing."

The younger boys want to practice cutting paper with scissors and later we might make pumpkin bread.  The baby likes to bounce and talk and hates anything productive.  Books and manuscripts along with a mug of hot cinnamon are calling my name.   

This is what a good week looks like.... and I love it. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you say Cinnamon??? I love Cinnamon!!! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family life can be hectic but fun. Cinnamon always reminds me of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete