Friday, September 27, 2013

I want to get married - today - mom!

It was the long awaited day - Spencer and Teresa were finally tying the knot.
I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, when Colton found me with his major announcement.

"Mom!  I want to get married today."  He said with his arms folded tight against his chest.

"You do?  Who do you want to marry?"  I asked after spitting toothpaste over Carlee's two-week-old-newborn body into the sink.

"Teresa.  I want to marry Teresa."

"Well, Teresa is going to marry uncle Spencer today."

"No, she is noooot.  She is going to marry me."  He said with a defiant stomp of his foot.

"Really?  Why don't you call and ask her." I said while reaching for the phone.  After a brief conversation with his-bride-to-be, Colton realized that a marriage with Teresa just wasn't going to work out... today. Teresa loved Spencer in a I-want-to-kiss-you way more than she loved him.

"That's okay mom," Colton said while placing the phone back on the dresser, "today I will marry great-grandma."

The wedding plans have yet to be organized, but Colton is very excited about his bride-to-be.
And who can blame him?
Great-grandma Stewart is lots and lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment