Thursday, June 20, 2013

reason #984



Despite her inability to breath on her own, the baby girl growing in my tummy is a par-tay animal.
Enforcing a midnight curfew has proved failure.
This girl likes to dance around my spleen and bladder - kicking everything in between - well into the early morning hours.

While I sleep off the effects of her late night festivities, Nate wakes with the early risers.
He pours them cereal, does the dishes, and invents wild things for them to do together.
Mario cart races, dodge ball in the basement, card houses, lessons on how to take a blood pressure....

And when I stumble from my bedroom each and every morning, the smiles are wider than the Mississippi river.
Time with Dad is always awesome.
Reason #984 why I love my man.




No comments:

Post a Comment