Saturday, June 15, 2013

Independence Day


"Look mom!  I did it myself!"  Colton said marching around the kitchen floor with his pants on inside out and shirt twisted backwards. Teaching this child to dress has been quite the challenge.  And I can't blame him.  Selecting the right clothing, preparing it for dress, and then twisting various appendages around into petite holes proves fatal to the confidence of any human being.  I don't know how I ever survived.     

Despite the backwards shirt and the inside out pants, we had a little independence day celebration.  A bag of no-longer-needed-diapers made the perfect pedestal for our champion.   Cheers of big boy pride bounced from his heart and lungs while brothers circled around him.

This kid?  He can finally pull his own pants up!
Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment