Tuesday, June 18, 2013

big boy hide-n-go-seek

I am convinced that hide-n-go seek is a man's game.  Hunting for hidden items must be composed on a male's DNA because my FOUR boys sure love it.

Six years ago, Nate was introduced to the game of the geo-cach.  Best.  Day.  Ever.  Before Conner could walk, the three of us began searching the Colorado maps for hidden caches.  Caleb joined our family and Colton soon followed.  Geocaching - for me - became a frustrating babysitting trip.  Keeping kids away from the water, off dangerous platforms, out of the road, and away from strange dogs (thanks to Steamboat Springs) made the hunt for the geo-cach exhausting.

But you know what?  Something AMAZING happened this summer.  The boys  finally get the game.  And they LOVE it.  Conner and Caleb explore with dad, taking turns with the compass, and locating the various hidden caches while Colton sings to me and picks flowers for me.

I can... you know... spread out a blanket, enjoy a book, and take pictures while my little men hunt.
Hardest activity ever transformed into best activity ever.

















No comments:

Post a Comment