Tuesday, January 29, 2013

winter explorations

It takes me three billions hours to get three kids ready to play in the snow for ten minutes.
And a whole lot of patience.
And it is cold outside.
Very cold.
 
As a result, my kids have played in the snow (with me) twice this entire winter.
And I am totally okay with that.
Preschool and first graders have outside recess.
Who says I have to do everything?

Until CJ started begging for some outside time.
With big brothers gone at school, we bravely buttoned up our coats and boots.
CJ found his snow hat and we were ready to go.
Prep time less than twenty minutes.




He rode his bike for thirty whole seconds.


Down the driveway to the street.


Dump trucked some snow for ten.


And then mowed the lawn.
Nate will be so happy that his yard work is done.


Pink cheeks and frozen hands demanded inside warmth.
After two minutes of outside fun,
we went back inside.
And I am totally okay with that.

Cuddled together with blankets and books,
we watched the snow fall outside the window.
Rosy cheeks with star wars figures and pretzel crumbs on my lap?
Best day of winter snow exploration...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment