Tuesday, January 29, 2013

because painting the fireplace with the stomach bug makes perfect sense...

Sometimes I do things that make no sense.

Like utilizing precious refrigerator space for peanut butter, misplacing my cell phone on a daily basis, and painting the fireplace when the entire family is sick with the stomach bug.

Maybe not a good idea.... but at least we got the job done.

We moved into our new/older home over a year ago and I have silently hated the main room fireplace the entire time.  I bought black heat resistant paint to paint the brass metal... but the paint didn't stick.

I dreamed about ripping out the brick and starting over.
Searched pinterest for ideas on how to cover it and finally found the solution one late Sunday night after a day of high quality bonding with the stomach bug.

The project couldn't wait.

And I am excited to present the before and after pictures.

Before:

 
 
After:



I am happy to report that no one lost their lunch on the fireplace and that the amazing Nathan painted the entire fireplace while I sat on the floor attempting to paint with a large pot hugged in between my legs. I also learned that high heat paint does stick to fireplace metal without rigorous sanding... you just have to shake the can of paint really well and have the appropriate paint brush.  I learn something new every day. 

Maybe painting the fireplace with the stomach bug isn't such a bad idea after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment