Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Promise to Love You and Feed You - Forever

In the first few moments I cradled CJ in my arms, I made him a promise.
I promised to love him, and feed him, and support him forever.

I should of thought twice about the "feed you" promise.

On the average day, CJ eats a lot of food.
Four cups of yogurt.
Three scrambled eggs.
Two bowls of cereal.
Pretzels, tortilla chips, and apples.
Grapes, granola bars, and cheese.
The list keeps going....

A couple days ago, Conner brought home an art project from school. A hot chocolate mug with eight marshmallows glued on it. Conner unpacked his backpack and left his food-art-project on the floor.

Not a good idea.

On the hunt for something to eat, CJ spotted the marshmallows.
Quietly walking to his room with the marshmallow paper, he sat down and began eating.
With paper hanging from his mouth, he carefully ate just the marshmallows... and probably a trace of glue.

He emerged from his room, a hero.
And I silently vowed to never take my eyes off of him again.
Dirty dishes can wait.


My friend once told me that my boys need girlfriends. Girlfriends with big kitchens and stocked refrigerators. I think we just need more kindergarten art projects with marshmallows...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment