Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dinner

Conner ate an entire backyard of snow today, and then wanted to eat the front yard for dinner.

In my book, snow isn't exactly sanitary.

I was about to open my mouth and explain the unhygienic chemicals in the atmosphere that fall to the ground in the particles of snow, when the child inside of me began asking questions.


Questions like:

"What is wrong with eating snow?"

"Why should I destroy my child's snow-eating-innocence?"

and

"When did I loose my ability to enjoy the simple things in life?"


To make a long story short, our family enjoyed a nice large bowl of snow (cultivated by Conner) for dinner tonight. Snow with health-food-store sprinkles on top.


<span class=

snow ball with no-sugar-sprinkles.
whole wheat pancakes with peanut butter and agave nectar.
apple sauce and calcium powder mixed together.



I will never forget the smiles, the laughter, and the compliments that occurred at the dinner table tonight.

I am learning that family memories are founded upon simple moments when expectations are released, moments are savored, and the imaginative is embraced with an open heart.



"Some day you will be old enough to start [living] fairy tales again.”
― C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment