Saturday, October 30, 2010

Good Luck With That...

When people discover that I have three boys, I get mixed reactions.


The comments range from "how fun" to "good luck with that."


At first, I did not understand why "I had my hands full." Not to brag or anything, but I have amazing kids who are very obedient... wild, but very obedient. I started to believe that I was the exception to the apparent "all boy rule."

Then it happened. The energy. The creativity. The passion for life. The determination.


Every morning the two oldest boys are quarantined to the bathtub. While they bask in the joy found in bath tub paint, toys, and water - I quickly apply mascara and hairspray. From the time I put their naked rear ends in the tub, I have less than twenty minutes before all of the bath water starts flying and circulating around the room.


Those twenty minutes are golden.

Today I had less than five before the fluids started flowing.


This morning my little boys decided to practice their aim together... on one another. After a little demonstration by Caleb, Conner stood up to take his retribution. His revenge was sweet and three time more powerful than the official offense covering Caleb's arms, chest, and legs.

In simple terms, my boys peed on each other,

and they loved it.


Meanwhile, I am trying to remain calm while I drain the water and sanitize the world again. Bath tub was scrubbed. Bodies scrubbed.


And the boys can not stop laughing.


And I know from the kind of laugh they are planning to do it again -


next time


if I ever let them in the water again...



Hopefully I now understand why everyone keeps wishing me good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment