Saturday, October 23, 2010

Civilian Saves Crazy Mom and Three Kids

Today I decided to venture outside of the house with the three boys by myself - Nate was at work..

Chaos showed up.

She always does.

People started watching me. I promise I am not paranoid. They really were watching me.

I even overheard one woman whisper to her husband "Oh my gosh... I can't believe she is going to pull that screaming baby out of the car seat."

Yes, I did pull the screaming baby out of the cart. Meanwhile Conner and Caleb mopped the floor with their bottoms, dropped Cheddar Bunnies on our real life gold fish, and ran into every old lady they saw as they flew around each corner. The grocery store is a rather exciting place when you have been stuck home sick all week.


I admit that I started talking to myself. Very loudly. I so wish I was exaggerating.


"Okay Angie.. we just need to find those crushed tomatoes and then the garbanzo beans."

"Only three items left to go."

"When we get home, it is sooo nap time. We can do this Angie."


When I felt as if everything was going to fall apart, I caught myself praying for a rescue. I started surveying the grocery store for a familiar face. Anyone with extra hands would do.

Just as I finished purchasing my groceries, an elderly gentlemen, a civilian, stopped me and asked if he could help me out to my car. Eagerly, I said, "Yes!!"

His random act of kindness made my day. This man saved me from trying to cross the parking lot with a four year old, two year old, a baby on my hip, and a cart full of groceries being pulled behind me with my one free hand. I am grateful for the individuals who always answer my prayers in my time of need.

Thank you to each and everyone of you for every time you reach out and lend a helping hand to my family and to those who surround you. Thank you for the difference you are making in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment