Sunday, October 31, 2010

Confessions from a Juice Box Drinker

A lot of parenting experts recommend a mental happy place for those difficult moments in which your kids are testing you beyond your limit to be tested. A mental "time out" - if you will.

This mental imagery does not work for me. The beach is nice and all, but I find it difficult to imagine myself soaking up rays of sunshine when my insides are ready to explode.


I've created my own happy place.


Where is my happy place?


The laundry room with a juice box.


Seriously.


There is something so refreshing and almost divine about drinking juice from a box or pouch that can not be achieved from a glass or pitcher. It is magnificent. It creates an abundance of happiness. It reminds me that I will survive the difficult moments of parenting with compassion and patience.


Grape. Apple. Fruit Punch. White Grape.


I really do not care what flavor it is, just as long as it is in a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment