Monday, September 24, 2012

don't you dare laugh... this post is not funny.


Outside boxes are being flattened with first grade anger,
explosive and dangerous and not safe,
all because a girl at school puckered her lips... and my laughter won't stop.

Kisses at school are never funny.
Period.

Because "how dare she!"
Pucker her lips and illegally kiss his cheeks in the middle of class.
Conner is flattening boxes in anger... and my laughter won't stop.

Kisses at school are never funny.
Period.

I suggested that kissing her in return,
would be the perfect come back,
and his anger tripled in wrath... and my laughter won't stop.

Kisses at school are never funny.
Period.

I'm going to wipe the smile off my face,
and hold my child
while he cries out his little I-got-kissed-at-school-today-heart... and my laughter won't stop.

Because kisses at school are never funny.
Period.
So don't you dare laugh... because my laughter won't stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment