Friday, July 27, 2012

battle creek falls





On the 24th of July, our family took a little hike to Battle Creek Falls.
It was a beautiful hike and the boys did an awesome job.

I am pretty sure that CJ carried an entire canyon of rocks.
He developed quite the rhythm along the trail that went something like this:

Take three steps.
Pick up a rock.
Take three more steps.
Pick up another rock.
Take three more steps.
Pick up more rocks.
Multiplied by one billion.

The rhythm was great (despite my failing patience) and after a few minutes of walking and picking up rocks, CJ would grow frustrated with his inability to carry an entire mountain filled with rocks.  To remedy the problem, the boys would toss the rocks into the river near the trail.

And then the rhythm would start again.
Lucky for me, a left-over bag of Target popcorn (his favorite) was at my disposal.
Apparently, I can not go shopping or hiking without it.

I am excited to hike this trail again...but only if Target popcorn is there to save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment