Tuesday, May 8, 2012

the person i am

I spend a lot of time worrying about what others think of me.

I want to please the world and everyone in it.. and I want to do it right now. Often I end up putting the happiness of others before my own... and at the end of the day I am left feeling empty and unsatisfied.

I will never create happiness for others when I do not feel it myself.
I will never make everyone in the world happy.

The only person I should try to please is the Savior.

"What thinks Christ of me?"

I am going to STOP comparing my waist size, anxious comments, and mistakes to the strengths of others. I am going to STOP telling myself that my dreams and aspirations are not good enough. I am going to STOP destroying happiness.

And I am going to start embracing HAPPINESS. I am going to embrace it on the kitchen floor with Lego's surrounding me. I am going to embrace it with fabric and string and attempts to make fabric bike baskets. And I am going to embrace it while lying in bed with my children at night reading stories and talking about our day.

I am happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment