Thursday, March 15, 2012

pick your battles, showers, and shaving cream

It was three o'clock in the afternoon.
I had yet to shower and brush my teeth.
CJ was sleeping and the older boys were playing Lego's.

I silently slipped into the shower and amid the hot water, I heard my name.
I allowed the hot water, soap, and razor to take precedence by simply ignoring the call.

Ten minutes later, I walk out of my bedroom into the kitchen and find.....


Photobucket

boys covered in shaving cream.

Photobucket


I took a deep breath and decided to pick my battles. Shaving cream parties held on the kitchen counter are not worth fighting... especially after a long glorious afternoon shower.

I took pictures and we all laughed.
The shaving cream counter party was followed by a 45 minute bath tub party.

so.
worth.
the.
clean.
up.


And if I am completely honest with you (which I am) there is a high probability that the shaving cream counter party will happen again this afternoon. This mama wants to take a shower :)

No comments:

Post a Comment