Wednesday, March 21, 2012

boots that kill

Photobucket


Long ago, in a land far away, we met an amazing family. A family with twin boys... two devious boys. As stories were shared about their childhood and the hidden wardrobes in vents, sink and toilet floods, and duct taped diapers - I was always impressed with their honesty and sense of humor.

In that moment, I decided to enjoy my kids a little more. I want to enjoy them - every single creative action - more. And while I may not laugh during the moment - no positive reinforcement for negative behavior going on here - I definitely laugh later.

Sometimes I worry that this blog does not highlight the many good things my boys do. While my boys are adventurous and creative, they are also very sweet and extremely sympathetic. I desperately want to remember both. I want this blog to reflect what motherhood really is like for me, the ups and the downs.


When a small spider was found on the floor and the two younger boys started freaking out, Conner bravely ran for his boots. His "boots that kill." After Conner smashed the spider to death, he stood up and kissed his scared brothers and reassured them that everything was going to be okay.

Little boys are simply amazing. Rough and sweet... all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment