Friday, April 8, 2011

Marker Lid Evolution

Caleb has a serious fascination with marker lids.
He loved to wear them on his fingers and play with them as if they were action figures.

Photobucket

So I decided that eyes were necessary.
Action figures need eyes to sword fight.

Photobucket

Caleb took the marker lids with him everywhere.
One for each finger to be exact.
But marker lids slid off fingers and I was beginning to spend the majority of my time looking for the marker lid that fell behind couch, under the bed, and all over the van.

The superhero marker lids needed a car -badly.
So we made one.
No wheel drive. Bright green. One door entry. Cardboard interior. Seats six. The perfect car.

Photobucket

I don't know when it started.
Maybe it was the many advertisements for the Disney movie Tangled.
Maybe it was Uncle Spencer and his long "China hair."
Or maybe it was the fact that Caleb learned to say the word "hair."

I don't know.
What I do know however is successful superheros must have hair and lots of it.
Hair creates an illusion, protects identities, and looks plain awesome.

Photobucket


We were happy.
All of us.
Marker lids and all.

We felt fulfilled and satisfied... that is until I started assembling the Easter decorations and realized that we were lacking bunny puppets for the boys. That is when the marker lid evolution occurred.

Photobucket

The superhero action figure marker lids evolved into plush bunnies.

Photobucket

And we love them.

I wish I had caught Caleb's response with the camera.
So so so cute.
He is in bunny boy paradise.
Which he totally deserves.
Did I mention that he chose to potty train himself this week???


Marker lids... who knew?

2 comments:

  1. You are such a cute mom!! Whenever I read your blog it gives me more drive to me more creative with my kids. (it does NOT come naturally for me!) I loved the post before this with all the paint too, your so cool! But please never show Zack that, I'm not sure I'm brave enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunny marker lids. Wondering what they will evolve to next. Love it!

    ReplyDelete