Thursday, April 14, 2011

happies...

Most of the time I feel outnumbered, overwhelmed, and ready to explode. The "fantastic" four's, "terrific" two's, and the "anxious to walk" baby - all at once. is. a. lot. There are days when I feel all I have accomplished for the day is a lot of discipline, yelling, and time-outs. There are many moments in which I feel my mothering skills are inadequate and failing.

Yesterday I decided to entertain the boys with a movie while I attempted to fold the ten loads of laundry that were lying on my bed. Silently, Conner got up from the movie and without being asked he put away his laundry. He later came back to put away Caleb's laundry as well.

I was astonished.

Somewhere. Somehow. Something is working.
And that gives me the happies.


...Duct taping myself to this cute lady also gives me the happies. just for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment