Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Proof that I Love my Kids.... too much maybe??

Yesterday my friend and I got this crazy idea to take our kids to the zoo for a free day... which also happened to be a national holiday.

If my kids ever question how much I love them, I will remind them of our day at the zoo. An hour drive to Denver plus thirty minutes spent looking for a parking spot - a half an hour walk to the zoo while pushing 50+ pounds of stroller and baby uphill in the ice, mud, and water - and fighting the crowds just to see the elephants.

Despite the craziness, we had an awesome day. Conner loved hanging out with his friends, Caleb enjoyed a nice long stroller ride, and I enjoyed the company and exercise.

Conner came to the zoo as Handy Manny. With his friend "stretch" he measured everything in sight. To be honest, I don't think he really cared too much about the animals... he had too much fun playing with his friend and his measuring tape!






4 comments:

  1. Yeah we avoid crowds like they carry the plague. . . which if there was one they would. Huh. Anyway it looks like you guys had fun and I'll have to keep in mind that perhaps a measering tape would be a great birthday present for Jaden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the measuring tape idea. The top picture of Caleb is so precious. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure enjoy following your blog! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I just love following your blog! I agree that the picture of Caleb is precious! What a handsome guy! Preston and I were laughing about Conner and how he was more interested in measuring things--too cute!

    ReplyDelete