Sunday, February 1, 2009

Conner Talks!

Seriously... Conner talks! It took a while... for a short period of time he was scared of speaking... but he officially talks! I have been trying to record some chatter... but as soon as he sees that I have the camera, he stops talking.

Here is our list of phrases and words:

"I'm kidding"
"Me too!"
"Baby Leb"
"I'm a race car!"
"Race car Conner"
"Conner Monster.... Rarr!"
"Play play dough"
"My turn"
"Baby tired"
"It's okay baby"
"I miss daddy"
"Daddy at school"
"Daddy at office"
"More abba-sauce please"
"Tank you"
"I'm Sally"
"My car seat"
"Watch Jonah"
"Bless you Baby"
"I miss baby"
"Mommy's hot"
"Play with friends?"
"Garbage trucks all gone!"
"Baby take away"
"Baby touch"
"My turn!"
"Baby's turn"
"Conner Messy"
"Sleep on couch"
"My own bed"
"Ride YeeHaw" (YeeHaw is his bouncy horse)
He is even starting to say family prayers at dinner and before bed!


He has also started to sing! His favorite songs to sing are:

Once there was a snowman
Wheels on the Bus
Elmo's world


I am loving the chatter... can you believe that I actually had an argument with him the other night about the whereabouts of Dad? Conner was determined that Nathan was at his office when he was actually teaching at school. The argument went something like this:

"Daddy at office"
"No, daddy is at school"
"No, Daddy at office"
"Nope, daddy is at school tonight."
"NO! DAD AT OFFICE"
"Conner, Dad is at school... okay?"
"NO! NO! DADDY IS AT OFFICE"
"Conner, Dad is not at his office... he is at school... want to play play dough?"
"NO! NO! NO! DAD IS AT OFFICE... NO SCHOOL! OFFICE! OFFICE!"

This conversation went on for a couple of minutes... then I gave in... Conner can be a very persuasive boy! I am so excited about his new found chatter, but I am somewhat apprehensive about the arguments we are having... and his ability to change the whereabouts of Dad!

Here is a little video of some talking... he was kind of occupied with play dough, but that distracted him from the camera!


3 comments:

  1. LOL! What a cutie! Bet you'll never get him to shut up now. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Conner Bob!!!! Now all he needs to learn to see is " She came back to me" and" Uncle Jake is the coolest".
    Oh, yeah, we played Killer Bunnies with Juan and Steph last night for the first time in like 2 years.
    Missed you guys. :-)

    ReplyDelete