Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reason #999: Why I Am SOOO Done Being Pregnant

"Hey Mom... are moms always... you know... fat... after they have babies?"  Conner asked from the kitchen counter.

"Well, yes and no.  It takes a while for mommy's tummy muscles to tighten up again after having a baby. "  I said while scooping out a large bowl of vanilla ice cream.

"It is just that... well... I don't remember what you look like without a big baby growing on your stomach."

"You mean that you don't remember what I look like when I am not fat?"  My oversized bowl of ice cream shrinks into a small scoop as I dump it all back into the cardboard container.

"Yeah."  His head rest on his elbows with both eyes focused on the ice cream container.


Oh boy.
I am so ready for my boys to remember what I look like in my skinny clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment