Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Marker Lid Christmas

Christmas is here, and we are so very excited. The day after thanksgiving we opened all of our Christmas boxes and greeted our Holiday friends. Stuffed animals that tell stories, favorite Elmo ornaments, and comfortable Christmas blankets are all unpacked and being enjoyed - and I love it.

Christmas time is so fun.

But as we set the tree up and assembled all of the ornaments, something was missing.
I could not figure out what it was.
So I thought and I thought and I thought about it.

Nothing came to mind.

Then one day I was unpacking the 2 toddler bin of clothes for Colton (the eighteen month clothes are now too small) and while I was folding some khaki church pants I felt something bumpy in one of the pockets.

I opened the pocket to find...


Photobucket

I am not kidding.
Do you remember Caleb's obsession with marker lids?

Do you remember that he wanted to carry these superhero marker lid friends with him everywhere so we had to make a car and recycle our socks and altoid containers to hold them?

And do you remember how they evolved into bunnies and men with funky hair?



Well.
We decided that our Christmas tree was definitely needing some marker lid love.
So we hot glued some pipe cleaners to the top of the marker lids,


Photobucket


and we hung them on our tree.


Photobucket



And now my friends, Christmas is complete.
Santa can come and the reindeer can fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment