Monday, December 5, 2011

Blast You to the Moon Smiles

There is a club of retired individuals that regularly fly remote controlled airplanes at the park next to my parent's house - every morning.


And almost every morning - when we were living with my parents - the boys and I would take a little walk around the corner to watch the airplanes fly.


So... Much... Fun.


Watching the airplanes fly was magical for my little boys.
And I knew the we needed to do something about their new passion for flying.


So we made our very own jet pack rockets with plans to launch our bodies and dreams into outer space. We emptied cereal boxes and stole some plastic cups from grandma and started glue-gunning away.


Once the glue was dry, we took our first flight.
Definite smile material for everyone.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Chieko Okazaki once spoke on the importance of smiling. Smiles have power to encourage, love, and create happiness. She made the point that there is never a short supply of smiles. Smiles should not be saved for those you wish to impress, rather smiles should be shared more readily with the ones we love.


Making homemade jet packs with my kids makes me smile.
And I love these smiles...

But sometimes the important smiles occur spontaneously and effortlessly during the small and simple moments. Moments of holding your child's hand to feel them spontaneously do the three-squeezes-means-I-love-you-pattern or kissing your husband as he walks in the door from a long day at school/work.


These smiles and the happiness they create blast my heart to the moon with joy.
I am so grateful for the magical moments smiles create.


Photobucket




”tuesdays


Oh, and by the way, I still can not find the box that is hiding my adobe lightroom photo-editing software... and it is driving me nuts to post pictures unedited. Anyone have experience with Photoshop? If so, do you love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment