Thursday, July 28, 2011

grateful...

Photobucket

Last weekend I spent some time with an amazing friend from high school.
It was pretty darn amazing.
I'm still smiling.

I am so grateful for each and everyone of you - you put a smile on my face.

Sometimes I have a hard time believing that such amazing people like you actually care about someone like me. I constantly make mistakes, say the wrong words, fail to pick up the phone, I am crazy-emotional when I am pregnant or have a new baby, and I cancel play dates due to grumpy kids. And at times I feel like everything I have to give is instantly absorbed by my kids and there is nothing leftover for me to give to you. Thank you for still being there for me and loving me.

The other night Conner was out trying to ride his bike without training wheels. All of his neighborhood friends with the neighborhood-grandparents circled around him to offer encouragement and advice. I watched in awe and amazement, completely and fully grateful for those who care so much for us. Each of you have circled around me and cheered me on when I have needed you, and I am beyond grateful for you. I am grateful for the lessons you have taught me and the wonderful individuals that you are.


"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you."
— Elbert Hubbard

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a great time with Katie last week. She has always been a good friend. I am also grateful that you live in a great neighborhood. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so completely jealous! I wish I could have been there with you 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to do that! We need to do another sister's weekend, now that none of us here are nursing babies right now, and you probably won't be moving to Utah??? I'm going to seriously bring it up SOON and I'll be in touch. Labor day worked out so nicely last time.... maybe this time, too? Love ya! Cute picture, too!

    ReplyDelete