Saturday, June 4, 2011

harder than i thought...

When Nate and I first started talking about going for that PhD, the decision seemed simple, easy, and clear. No longer enjoying chiropractic, Nate needed the education necessary to advance at the University level. Simple decision to make when your heart is not involved.

I knew it would be hard to leave. I just did not know it would be this hard. As I have pondered, prayed, and mourned our soon-to-be-move, I have tried to not look back. Tried to stop myself from wondering what life would be like if we stayed in our "paradise" and ignored the amazing opportunities that have come straight from Heaven for our family at Brigham Young University.

I can't look back.
I can't think about the friends I will desperately miss, the home I love, and the wonderfulness of Northern Colorado.
I can't look back.

We put our house on the market yesterday.


&<span class=


My first house.
The house that welcomed two of my newborn babies.
My house.


&<span class=

Although I spent the last four years rearranging this front room in every possible way, I love it.

&<span class=

And at times I got somewhat frustrated with the limited cupboard space, I love my kitchen.

&<span class=

I love the gentle arches.

&<span class=

I love the bay windows.

&<span class=

I finally organized and painted my laundry room.
I love it.

&<span class=

I even love the ledges that gave me nightmares.
Nightmares about little boys climbing and falling down stairs.

&<span class=

I love the ceiling fan Nate installed to help keep me cool last summer when I was nine months pregnant.

&<span class=

I love the little boy potty that I clean multiple times each day.
Why did I teach my boys to pee standing??

&<span class=

I love the little playroom kitchen for the boys in the basement.

&<span class=

I love my movie theatre wall,

&<span class=

the office,

&<span class=

and the drum room.

&<span class=

I love every bedroom, every bathroom, every storage closet, and my backyard.

Dear House. I love you.
I love your quiet comforting walls that have held me as I have rocked my babies back to sleep at night.
I love your strong arms that protect my family from the wind, snow, and rain.
Thank you for providing a place for my babies to roll around, play, and grow.
Thank you for embracing our love and the love from Heaven and holding it within your walls.
Thank you for being everything I needed you to be and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment