Monday, June 6, 2011

accept the wonder...

The last couple weeks have been busy.
Finishing the basement, installing toilets, cleaning fingerprints, organizing cupboards, etc.
The house is almost complete.


Honestly, I can not remember the last time I slept for more than five hours.
It has been a lot of work.
I'm tired.
Really tired.
And when I am tired, I am not so good at observing the details or enjoying the simple things in life.


That is when my boys come in to play.
Their spunk, creativity, and delight for life rejuvenates my abilities to enjoy the simple pleasures life has to offer. They are teaching me to acknowledge and love the daily wonders life has to offer regardless of exhaustion, to-do-lists, or commitments.


Wonders like moose wandering through our neighborhood


<span class=

<span class=


daddy wrestle time


Photobucket


discovering the slide for the first time


<span class=


moments to laugh,
{for the record, I think Nate is extremely handsome in his basement "mudding/caulking" pants.}


<span class=


moments to share love and snuggle with an awesome aunt who is the best book reader


<span class=


making faces with the uncle Preston


Photobucket


dancing in the street with ice cream when good news comes our way


<span class=


Enjoying chocolate cake for the first time


Photobucket


discovering ears


<span class=


bath tub toe raisins


Photobucket



rolling up and down every possible hill.


<span class=


taking time to acknowledge and marvel at the miracle of life


<span class=


{even when the form of life is a baby mouse that was found in your overgrown garden or finches who sleep on your house light every night and leave their bodily wastes feet away from your front door}

<span class=


being fully and completely loved


Photobucket


wearing soccer cleats at all times, in all things, and in all places


Photobucket


exploring cupboards for the first time

Photobucket


bread chicken moments


Photobucket


and naked mud time outside

Photobucket


Life is packed full of simple, small, marvelous wonders.


"My kids have captured me, and I am surrendering.
I am no longer mine, I am theirs."
-Iris Krasnow

No comments:

Post a Comment