Monday, May 16, 2011

Eating Cake in the Street

For months I have been planning a grand old party for my family. A party that involved good news from BYU, cake, and eating in the street.

We received the good news at six in the morning on Sunday. With the world still sleeping, rain clouds, and tired boys - the cake in the street party did not happen. Instead, the boys received an early morning bath with a breakfast consisting of a health food store lollipop.

For the record: Lollipops for breakfast is really not a good idea. It has never happened at our house before and it will absolutely never happen again... unless we win some large amount of money - then the boys might have multiple lollipops for breakfast.

Some things are just worth celebrating.
Nate was accepted to the PhD program at Brigham Young University.
Neuroscience... here we come!
Celebration.


UPDATE: We ate cookies and ice cream in the street. It was fabulous.


I never ever ever dreamed that we would ever go back to school... let alone party about it.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Congrats! I'm so excited you guys will be moving here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....and if you are looking for something small to rent my in-laws are probably going to set up the one we lived while we went to BYU for rent in the fall. It's small though, 3 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case! I really am happy for you guys!! Plus I'm only 25 min away from you, we'll have to hang out sometimes!

    ReplyDelete