Monday, April 26, 2010

So When Your Near Me Darling, Can't You See I'm Nesting Now?

I start nesting before that pregnancy test comes back positive.

I get that nesting bug BAD.

The last couple of months have been filled with consistently rearranging the furniture, painting rooms, and cleaning out various cupboards and closets. All I can say is that I married one patient and understanding man... Nate really deserves "Best Husband of the Year" award.

Amongst all of these projects, I still have been resisting my nesting instincts. Now that I am thirty weeks pregnant, I refuse to hold myself back.

Baby clothes, blankets, and burp clothes washed - check
Pack and Play assembled - check
Swing out - check
Baby bath clean and ready - check
Crib bedding washed and ready - check
Infant diapers purchased - check
Frozen meals in the freezer - check

My little helpers have been just as excited about this process as mom. They have become little moms to their "George Babies" by constantly changing diapers,

























Colton is going to be very well loved and cared for by his two big brothers :)

Ten more weeks to go.


6 comments:

  1. so you are now officially more prepared than I am, and I only have a month left! sheesh, I better get on it, huh? I have diapers... but nothing brought out or put away, organized, anything. now I feel lame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are so not lame! You are sane :) You won't be looking at a swing or walking around a pack-n-play for 10 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that nesting bug is so true! I remember you blogging about how much you cleaned your house when you were pregnant with Caleb. I felt slightly guilty that my house was never so clean....but then I got pregnant with Ben and it fixed the problem. Now I'm back to a messy house again...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristi, that is totally how I validate my nesting to Nate. If I didn't nest, then my house would be a disaster! I take at least a year off of deep cleaning after I have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I already loved ABBA, but I had no idea they were such fashion icons! Where do you think I can get me one of those dresses!!! Yowza! You're right on, though--there's truly no better housework music than ABBA in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy if you find one of those dresses, you have to tell me where :) Too bad your not in Colorado anymore... we could of totally had a girls night out looking for a similar outfit :) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete