Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Rose is a Rose

The day I married Nate, I held a bouquet of roses. With new rings sparkling, smiles wide, and hearts filled with love - it was the best day of my life.



Dried and preserved in a fancy vase, my bouquet has traveled from Utah to Texas and then from Texas to Colorado. I love my bouquet.



Photobucket





As I packed up my belongings for our in-the-process move from Colorado to Utah, I learned that my bouquet was too fragile to make the journey. With tears flowing from my eyes, I took a million photographs and then gently placed my bouquet (and wedding cake roses) into the garbage can.



Leaving Colorado was one of the hardest things I have ever done. It was tough to leave our many friends, our favorite places, and the amazing business we built. I miss my kitchen, my laundry room, my backyard, and my wedding bouquet.



But through all the heart-ache of change, I am beyond grateful to have Nate by my side. I am grateful for his calming smile, his supportive attitude, and his constant love. Roses may fade, die, and cripple - but Nate, he is real, and he is mine.



Photobucket





"So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."



— Nicholas Sparks

2 comments:

  1. so now that my eyes are filled with tears...let me just tell you that you are amazing. we miss you guys and hope all is going well so far in utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elise, we miss you guys too :) Hope you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete