Monday, December 13, 2010

The book I never thought I'd see at my house...

In October, we were blessed to receive counsel from Dieter F. Uchtodrf, a leader of our church. In his counsel, he encouraged us to slow down and focus on the things that matter most. His counsel had a profound impact on us due to the many hats Nate simultaneously wears.



Our family has spent many quiet hours in prayer and life evaluation. Questions, values, and interests have been deeply examined. Goals and our life climb have been redefined.



I have hinted towards a change in our lives. I am so excited to share.



This week Nate has spent a lot of time with a book I never imagined would reside in my home. The GRE study manual.





<span class=




Tomorrow morning Nate will take his GRE exam. Applications to various graduate programs will finally be complete and we will begin that long college application wait.



Our school of choice is the University of Utah.

The program of choice is a Ph.D. in neuroscience.





You may be wondering how this simplifies our life.



It simplifies our life like this: we are selling our Chiropractic business. We love chiropractic. We love our business. But ultimately when all the cards are on the table, Nate loves teaching so much more than he loves Chiropractic.



So, we have a favor to ask all of you.



Please. Please keep us in mind if you happen to know of anyone looking for a Chiropractic business to buy. We have been blessed with an amazing clientele and beautiful location. We will miss both. But it is time for us to move on.



We are so grateful for the opportunities and amazing individuals this business has brought into our lives. Thank you to all of you for helping our dreams come true.

5 comments:

  1. What a huge step to take. I know you and your family will be blessed in the direction you will take your life. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for you guys, good luck to Nate tomorrow morning!! But does this mean you may be moving??? Cause that would make me REALLY sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, that is VERY exciting and big news! It will be fun to have you closer. You should check out our neighborhood for houses. We live in a great neighborhood with lots of young families, plus we are only 10 minutes from downtown SLC...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a huge change in your lives. That is really great news. I am sure Nate will do awesome on his exam. Angie, you are a very talented mom. I enjoy reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Do you want to know the first thought that came to mind? 'Neuroscience sounds fun.' Then I had to laugh at myself. Who thinks that? But, I guess I've been out of college long enough to miss it. I loved all my anatomy and physiology classes and, well, it sounds like a very interesting step to take in life. Second thought--'Oh man, they're moving!'

    ReplyDelete