Sunday, December 12, 2010

If You Drink Your Spinach, I'll Let You Take Your Fish Oils...

<span class=



Caleb sporting his green spinach drink mustache.







I make my kids drink spinach on a regular basis.



Cruel. I know.



Unusual punishment? Sure. Some may think so.



Packed with spinach, kefir, soy milk, orange juice, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, nutritional yeast, spirulina, calcium lactate, and agave nectar - our spinach drinks contain essential nutrients vital to health and vitality. So, my boys drink it.



Some mornings they like it.



Some mornings they do not.





A couple weeks ago, we were going through a rough patch. It did not matter how I flavored the smoothie - no one wanted to drink it. Not even chocolate flavored smoothies.



Then we learned about Barleans Liquid Omega Swirl from Grammie. One small taste and we instantaneously transcended to a higher plane of oral sensory bliss. The boys begged and begged for more.



Naturally, I started to bribe my kids (and husband) with Omega Swirls.



Beds were made.

Faces clean.

Toys were shared.



Aside from the boisterous smoothie protest - life was wonderful. Almost perfect. Then brilliance struck. Surely the all powerful omega swirl could motivate my kids to drink their smoothies.



And it did.



A one cup consumption of spinach drink yielded one teaspoon of omega swirl - a.k.a. "liquid treat." When told they could have more "liquid treat" in exchange for another cup of smoothie, they got to work. They surprised me by drinking three cups of spinach.



Never. I repeat never underestimate the power of liquid treats. What would you do for a serving of Omega Swirl?

No comments:

Post a Comment