Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sink Me... My Faucet's a Poet






My kitchen sink squeaks when the water gets hot.
It has annoyed me since the day we moved in.

You can hear the squeak outside.
You can hear the squeak when in the shower.
I am pretty sure you could hear the squeak from the Hubble Telescope.

I started dreaming about a new "squeak free" kitchen sink.
Oh, the joy that could be found in silently washing dishes.
Reverse psychology was immediately implemented.

I started to compose songs expressing my love to the squeaky sink.
I bragged about my husband alarm sink that instantly notified me of my husband's activities... no procrastination was going on at our house :)
Dishes were not done during nap time due to the squeak... did not want to risk waking the kids up!


The list goes on.


I think my reverse psychology paid off.

Nate and the boys surprised me with a new kitchen sink for Mother's Day.



Can you hear... the squeaks from my kitchen sink?
Loudly singing from the shadows of my kitchen room?

(sung to The Prayer of the Children by Kurt Bestor)

Not anymore!


I am in love with my white acrylic 8.5 /10 inch depth sink.
To celebrate - I am not doing any dishes tomorrow :)

My husband totally rocked Mother's Day this year.
Boy, I love that man.
Not only is he extremely handsome, he is also very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment