Friday, April 3, 2009

April 3, 2009

We have had such a wonderful week! Here are our basic highlights.

  • Dad played drums for the ward's youth showcase... it was so fun to see him rock out :)
  • Dad planted 6 trees (2 apple, 2 peach, 1 mulberry, and 1 pear) in our backyard this week! What a trooper - he pruned and cared for them in the rain :)
  • Conner is now praying on a regular basis. Our prayers now include expressing gratitude for plates, chairs, movies, friends, etc. It has been a really great reminder to me of the importance of expressing gratitude for everything. It is so easy to become accustomed to things and forget how wonderful some of the simple things in life are. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us with an amazing world... I am so grateful for the lessons Conner is teaching me!
  • Conner is also talking a lot more. He can now name the members of the first presidency :)
  • Conner's new favorite phrase is "It's not very nice... is it?" I just love it!
  • Conner loves to try and pick up his brother
  • Conner is now starting to recognize letters of the alphabet :)
  • Caleb took two steps while holding on to a cardboard box :)
  • Caleb is giving kisses, and I just love it! He gave me my first kiss this week, and I am still so excited! He loves to lean in with his mouth wide open and place it against your lips... the best part is he makes a "mmm" sound while he does it!
I just love my kids so much... I am soo blessed to be married to Nathan and a mother to the two finest boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment